I love baking muffins. As Nigella Lawson said, the process of making muffin itself is relaxing. Last weekend I re-read my cooking book collections and drooled over Nigella’s ‘How to be a Domestic Goddess’ recipes. So many recipes are waiting to be cooked, but I finally tried out recipe from “Cooking for Kids” chapter. Yes, it’s weekend and it’s time to ‘spoil’ your lil one with sweet treats!
These muffins are seriously, dangerously good. Well, the name says it all 😀 They were ready right after my son woke up from his nap. He tried one and said: “Mummy, it’s good..!” That’s the highest compliment I’ve been waiting for 😀
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
3 1/2 full-size (50 gr) Snickers bars, chopped
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until you have coarse crumbs.
- In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, egg, and milk, then pour this mixture into flour mixture, stir gently. I will repeat my golden rule in making muffins: DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Mix in the chopped Snickers bars, and dollop the batter in prepared and lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. It’s done when the tops are risen, golden, and firm to touch.
- Leave them on the wire rack to cool. Enjoy wholeheartedly!