Hey there! Been away from the blog for almost a year :(. Has anyone missed me? 😀 Okay, I promise to myself that I have to post at least one new recipe for a month. Let’s see if it works!
Today is my kind of perfect day to “end” the weekend. Waking up slowly, late breakfast, nothing to do, DVD marathon, and yes… lazy weekend baking! And what I mean “lazy” is making good use of the fridge and having a wonderful dessert on the table with no baking required 😀
I found the original recipe here, but since some of the ingredients are rarely sold in Indonesia, here I made my own adjustment.
36 Oreo Cookies, divided from the cream filling
1/4 cup (56,7 gram) butter or margarine, melted
250 gram Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups whipping cream/double cream
How to Make
- To make the pie crust: Crush 24 cookies to form fine crumbs, mix with melted butter until blended. Press this mixture onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate the crust while preparing filling.
- Chop 8 of the remaining cookies, set aside.
- Whip the whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate the whipped cream while preparing the next step.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes if using electric mixer).
- To make the filling: Mix together the whipped cream, cream cheese mixture and chopped oreo cookies, stir gently until blended. Spoon this mixture into the prepared crust.
- Refrigerate the pie for 2 hours or until firm.
- Halve remaining 4 oreo cookies and insert (cut-edges down) into top of the pie.
I found that the filling is a lil too much for the pie crust. Next time I will double the amount of the crust and use bigger pie plate.