My son definitely has a sweet tooth. No wonder. I bake sweet treats regularly, and there are always chocolate and/or ice cream supplies in my fridge. My fault, I know. But I keep telling to myself that as long as he has balanced diet, it would be fine 😀
A couple of weeks ago, I was coming home late from my work. I brought some shop-bought chocolate cupcakes for my son as a “late-arriving gift” :D. He ate all of them, happily. The next morning was my day off, so I decided to bake chocolate cupcakes for him. But actually I was too lazy, and too tired also, to make fancy frosting for the cupcakes. So I used this cheat idea to frost the cupcakes. I spread Ovomaltine Crunchy Cream and Skippy “Super Chunk” Peanut Butter as substitutes for the frosting. They have, more or less, same consistency as buttercream frosting, so they would be perfectly fit to be spread on top of the cupcakes. To finish off, I also sprinkled some chopped Ovomaltine Choc Ovo Bars and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. These cupcakes look and taste reaaallly good with barely any effort!
– For chocolate cupcakes ingredients, see here
How to Make
- Bake the cupcakes, see here for the method.
- Cool the cupcakes on the wire rack. Give them some time to lose their heat, because warm cupcakes will melt the “frosting”.
- Spread the cupcakes with Ovomaltine Crunchy Cream or Skippy “Super Chunk” Peanut Butter, whatever you choose. I guess 2-heaped teaspoons will be enough to frost 1 cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the chopped chocolates. I use chopped Ovomaltine Choc Ovo Bars for my Ovomaltine cupcakes and chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for my Skippy cupcakes. Andddd.. you’re done! 😀