I was beyond happy when my Lock & Lock Glass arrived!! In addition to the heat resistant feature, this versatile glass storage container is equipped with the famous Lock & Lock airtight silicone sealed lid that seal in flavors and keep air out. This revolutionary four-lock mechanism and resilient seal is a perfect way to keep the freshness and hygiene of food (and also zero spillage!!), which is stored inside the container. The lid is also BPA-free, so I don’t have any concerns using this product.
The first recipe idea using Lock & Lock Glass that came up in my mind is my no-bake tiramisu. I always “assemble” (because the word “bake” is not suitable since it requires no baking whatsoever 😀 ) my no-bake tiramisu in a porcelain container. But my container doesn’t come with the lid. Hence, I always have to cover the container with plastic wrap to maintain the food hygiene and to seal the flavor from fridge odor. Now that the Lock & Lock Glass is provided with airtight lid, I don’t have to use plastic wrap to cover my tiramisu when it’s refrigerated. And there’s one more thing that I looove from this product: Its clear body! I can easily see my beautiful layers of tiramisu with no need to remove the lid. Lock & Lock heat resistant glass also contains low sodium oxide (Na2O), so the surface will remain clear even if it’s frequently used or stored for long periods of time.
Each finalist received Lock & Lock Glass package which contains two 630 ml glass containers. So I decided to make two flavor of tiramisu: classic tiramisu and strawberry tiramisu. Since this tiramisu recipe requires no raw eggs and no alcohol (rum), this is suitable for your little ones (but please consider that this recipe contains dairy products, which are suitable for 1+ year-old).
– 150 ml strong brewed coffee, room temperature
– 150 ml strawberry juice (I prefer homemade strawberry juice since it is so easy to be made. You just need to chop 100 – 150 gram strawberries, blend them with small amount of water until smooth. Pour the strawberry juice into a pan and heat until it starts bubbling. Put enough sugar and water to the juice as you like.)
– 1 tsp rum essence (I don’t use any alcohol in this recipe, but sometimes I want the “flavor” of rum, so I use essence instead. If I make this tiramisu for my kid, I’ll skip this ingredient.)
– 250 gram mascarpone cheese
– 125 gram cream cheese (I like to combine mascarpone and cream cheese because I love the tangy taste of cream cheese)
– 250 ml whipping cream/double cream
– 8 tbsp castor sugar
– 2 packs Italian lady finger
– cocoa powder
– 100 gram strawberries, thinly sliced
– 50 gram sliced almonds (optional), roast them in moderate oven to give extra flavor and “crunch”
How to Make
- Whip the whipping cream with sugar until it forms soft peaks. Refrigerate the whipped cream while preparing the next step.
- In another bowl, mix well the mascarpone and cream cheese.
- Mix together the cheese mixture and whipped cream until well combined. Since we will make two kind of tiramisu, it will be easier if we split this mixture into two equal parts.
- Add the rum essence (if using) into the coffee, mix well and set aside.
- Prepare the first Lock & Lock Glass container to assemble the classic tiramisu. Dip both sides of the lady fingers into coffee mixture. Remove the lady fingers quickly (as they get soften really quick) and arrange the soaked lady fingers in the bottom of Lock & Lock Glass container. Spread enough amount of cheese mixture to cover the lady fingers. Repeat steps for second layer. You may have two or three layers as you like, just remember that you have to have the cheese mixture on top of your layer. Dust the top layer (cheese mixture) with cocoa powder.
- Then prepare the second Lock & Lock Glass container to assemble the strawberry tiramisu. Dip both sides of the lady fingers into strawberry juice. Remove the lady fingers quickly and arrange the soaked lady fingers in the bottom of Lock & Lock Glass container. Spread enough amount of cheese mixture to cover the lady fingers. Arrange sliced strawberries to cover the cheese layer. Repeat steps for second layer. You may have two or three layers as you like, but you have to have the cheese mixture on top of your layer. Sprinkle the top layer (cheese mixture) with sliced almonds (if using), or you can decorate with sliced strawberries.
- Put on the silicone lids to the Lock & Lock Glass containers, and refrigerate them at least 8-10 hours to let the flavors blend.
Check out the cooking demo here! 😉