Mango is my MOST favorite fruit. Too bad I cannot eat mangoes all year round. In Indonesia, mango season is usually around September till December. We can still meet mango when it’s out of season, but the sweetest one always grows during that months.
Yesterday morning, I bought 2 kilos of mangoes and felt so thrilled because they’re ULTRA sweet! ^_^ My son had never eaten mango before, so this is the best time to introduce him these lovely fruits. I made this pudding to get another variation. You know that kids are easily get bored with their foods? Besides, this pudding will last for 1 week in the fridge. No extra work in kitchen making dessert for few days! 😀
I got this recipe from MPASIRumahan‘s mailing list. It’s a group of lovely mommies who love their kids so much that they always try to feed their lovely ones with homemade foods (mommies’ foods, to be exact 😉 ).
- 1 big, ripe, super sweet mango (It’s really important to get the sweetest mango. When it’s mixed with agar-agar powder and chilled in fridge, the sweet taste will be reduced)
- 300 ml water / milk (For 1+ y.o babies, you can substitute the water with fresh milk to get creamier pudding)
- half a pack of Agar-agar powder
How to Make
- Peel, dice, and puree the mango until you get a smooth liquid. Add extra water if you find that the mango puree is too thick.
- Pour water into the saucepan and add the agar-agar powder. Bring to the boil while stirring every now and then.
- Wait until the agar-agar mixture get a lil bit cool, then pour the mango puree into that mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the pudding mixture to your favorite mold. Wait until they’re set. Chilled in fridge.
Note: You can serve this pudding with fruit sauce, or yoghurt, like I did yesterday ^_^
*Make 9 tiny puddings.