I got this recipe from Martha Stewart’s Strawberry Cupcakes recipe. These pretty-pink cupcakes will be outstanding in your tea party! 😉 They’re also great for your daughter’s birthday party. Your sweet little princess will absolutely love their looks, and also their taste! 🙂
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cake flour (not the self rising one) or low protein flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup/226 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp real vanilla extract
- 3 eggs + 1 egg white. So you need 4 eggs.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries (about 20), plus 10 more for garnish
- Strawberry Meringue Buttercream
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180° C/350° F, and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl, using electric mixer on medium-high speed, until you get a pale and fluffy batter.
- Add the eggs and the egg white, one at a time. Beat them until everything’s incorporated.
- Reduce your mixer to low speed, and add the flour mixture into your batter in two batches, alternating with the milk. Mix them until well combined.
- Turn off your mixer now. Fold the chopped strawberries into your batter by your hand. You need to do it gently.
- Divide batter evenly among the cupcakes paper, filling each three-quarters full.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer the cupcakes to the wire rack and let them cool. They can be stored up to 1 day at room temperature in airtight containers!
- Now it’s time to frost them! Decorate them with the Strawberry Meringue Buttercream and sliced remaining strawberries.
-make 18 cupcakes-