I found this recipe accidentally via detikfood’s twitter account. I was searching a new cupcake’s flavor when I read about these gleamingly green cupcakes. Green tea flavor is so popular here in Indonesia, and I happened to have a small can of matcha powder in my cupboard. Turns out that these cupcakes are really good and so fragrant (and best seller, too!). Looove them!! 🙂
- ½ cup/113 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk. So practically, you need 2 eggs. 😀
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp matcha (green tea) powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Green Tea Meringue Buttercream
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180° C/350° F, and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with your mixer on high speed, until soft. It takes about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar into the bowl, and beat them (medium speed) until light and fluffy, for about 3 minutes.
- Add egg and yolk (one at a time), beat for 30 seconds between each.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Add this mixture into the batter to combine.
- Mix the matcha (green tea) powder with the milk, and add them into the batter. Mix until everything’s combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake papers.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool them in wire racks before putting green tea frosting on top. You can get the Matcha (Green Tea) Buttercream recipe here.
-make 18 cupcakes-