Ganache is a smooth mixture of chocolate and cream. This beautiful and easy chocolate frosting is another option if you’re bored with the buttercream thingy. I got this recipe from Martha Stewart’s Chocolate Ganache Frosting.
As Martha said: “Achieving the perfect consistency can be tricky, if the frosting becomes too firm to spread, reheat in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until it begins to melt around the edges, then remove from the heat and stir until smooth”.
The original recipe produces a big batch of ganache. The ingredients below are a quarter batch from Martha’s recipe and perfect to frost about 16 cupcakes.
- 114 gr good quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/16 cups corn syrup
How to Make
- Pour the cream and corn syrup in a saucepan, and bring them just to a simmer over medium heat.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate. Let it stands without stirring, until the chocolate begins to melt.
- Stir the melted chocolate into cream mixture, until everything’s combined and smooth.
- Refrigerate, and stir every 5 minutes, until frosting can hold its shape. It will be slightly lighter in color. The ganache will continue to thicken if you stop stirring.
– it can be used to frost 16 cupcakes-