This is my all time favorite dessert if I have guests coming around. When you have to entertain many people, all you need is easy and quick meal to be prepared. These puddings make no hassle in your kitchen, and one more thing to be considered: the ingredients are cheap! 😀 They will be true refreshments in your upcoming party!
- 1 pack of Agar-agar Powder. Agar-agar powder is different from jelly powder like Jell-O. The result of Agar-agar pudding won’t be springy and chewy as the Jell-O ones.
- 1 small can (385 gr) of White Condensed Milk.
- Water. The amount will be described in the “how to make” session 😀
- Mango or Orange Syrup, or any flavor you like.
- Chopped Fruits. I use papaya, pineapple, and honeydew. You can use any fruits you like. Strawberry, kiwi, cherry, seedless grape, and mango are great options! But if you’re running out of times to chop the fruits, simply use canned Fruit Cocktail instead. Don’t forget to strain the canned fruits to separate them from its syrupy juice. It will be too sweet if you add all the juice to the cocktail.
How to Make
- Pour the condensed milk into the saucepan, and add back 5 cups of water from the can of the condensed milk. No need your measuring jug! And in this way, you can use every little drops of the milk. 😉
- Add the agar-agar powder into the pan, and bring to the boil while stirring every now and then.
- Pour the pudding mixture to prepared cups (I use 5 cm/2 inch plastic pudding cups). Wait until they’re set.
- Meanwhile, prepare your fruit cocktail. Boil 500 ml of water in the pan. When it’s done, add your choice of syrup (I use mango syrup) to the boiled water (adjust the sweetness to your taste), and add the chopped fruits (or canned fruits) to the syrupy water. Let it cools in the fridge, so the fruits can absorb the syrup.
- When you’re puddings are set and ready, pour the small amount of fruit cocktail on top, including the syrupy water.
- Store them in fridge before serving.
-makes 20 cups-