Once again, I warn you that this is NOT an authentic recipe of Quesadilla :D. I call it “quesadilla” just because I use flour tortilla and it’s shaped like one. This is my lifesaver if I have no time to prepare breakfast, or if I need my bedtime snacks. Because of its simplicity, I often substitute the ingredients with what’s left in the fridge that day. My family is so addicted to this. I believe that yours will get hooked too! 😀
- Flour tortilla
- Smoked beef, or leftover roast chicken, or mushrooms, or anything you have in fridge.
- Salsa. You can get the recipe here. I often make a big batch of salsa and refrigerate them in small portions. They will last for about 1 week. But you can always use a shop-bought Salsa. Sometimes I replace my Salsa with a spread of Prego, if I happen to have a jar which has been opened (you know that Prego won’t last very long once its jar is opened). It’s surprisingly very yummy! This is what I call a fusion of Italian and Mexican.
- Grated Monterey Jack Cheese. As I’ve said before in my older post, this is the best option for the best taste. But you can use your Cheddar. No one will judge you.
How to Make
- Warm your frozen flour tortilla (as I always keep the tortillas in freezer) in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place the tortilla on the plate, and spread your Salsa (or Prego) on top of it.
- Arrange your chicken, or smoked beef, or whatever you have, on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half to form a half-moon shape.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a small amount of oil. “Grill” your tortilla in the pan until the cheese is melted and the tortilla gets browned.
- Slice your quesadilla to get “pizza-like” pieces.